life is beautiful

Saturday, February 28, 2004

I keep having this idea to keep a diary, but about something only loosely connected with my real life, mainly because I don't really think that writing about my real life would be much fun but also because making up a whole new life wuold be. I really hope I get around to it one day, thruogh all the home work. I'm so busy with english literature at the moment I barely have time to read. I could start the last 'his dark materials' book tomorrow night. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do. I promised myself I'd read at least one book between the last one and the next one, but I haven't but if I don't start oit now when will I? oh isn't life hard!! (i'm not being serious by the way I am soooo lucky that these books exist and I can read them and everything. yet again i express my utter amazement at the wonderfull things in this world. how lucky we are (most of us)). yes even those who have hard descisions to make are lucky... lucky to have the choice.
I just got one of those chain-friendship letters from natalie, one line of which was "you are one person to the whole world but may be the whole world to one person" yes it's corny and cliched and I've heard it before but I still sort of like it. It's interesting how love, or the lack of it ocupies many people's minds for much of the time (well Ok perhaps the word 'love' should actually be replaced by a different but much associated word), when ...is it 1/3 of the population of the earth is starving? I'm not giving judgement though. just noticing.
I got a new Yann tiersen CD this weekend, it's the soundtrack to 'goodbye lenin' which I haven't seen yet but want to. anyway, it has photos of him in. he looks very stressed and smokes, and is young (20s). it's cool to see photos though it doesn't really matter, but I've allways wondered what he was like (age wise mostly) since he is able to create such utterly totally and compltetly wonderful music... sigh
eek. and since that one rain day off from school when I started listening to simon and garfunkel concert in central park i've become completely hooked. the CD of concert in central park was a really wobbly copy so i've ordered my own and thrown the copy on top of ben's wardrobe so i won't listen to it too much, but i've just discovered that the CDs (from amazon) won't come till the 9th of march! and then I won't get them till much later... two weeks from now minimum. oh dear how will I survive.
I think the 60s must have been such an amasing time to be alive, everything seemed to be so new then.. like the media (well TV and radio) was sort of learning things and that's what takes the real effort and makes the amasing work. like things from the 60s, Monty python, the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy amongst others (OK well the 60s onwards) as well as the music and stuff (heh heh) was all pushing the limits. now everything is too easy and we are still on the brink of nuclear war (always will be untill it happens i suppose) but nothing seems new. mabe this is just a bored young person's view of the world, but everything has been done in the ordinary media by now (not media as in news, but as in books, films, art etc.) and everything new is scietific. though i'm probably just naive and unimaginitive.
well you've been a great audience, thankyou for listening and goodnight!
just step out the back, jack
get a new plan, stan
don't need a decoy, roy
just listen to me.
just hop on the bus, gus
don't need to discuss much
just drop of the key, lee
and get yourself free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home