life is beautiful

Friday, July 08, 2005

everyone seems so pissed off with the terrorists of the london bombing - I know it's a bit cliche, but remember how many innocent people are killed in wars too - sixty years ago atomic bombs were dropped on the japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing 100s of 1000s of people. with very little warning.
but I suppose people still have the right to be cross now, as no doubt the japanese and many other victims have been over the years. but remember the perspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emilie said...

1) I quote:"but I suppose people still have the right to be cross"
2)since when do any innocent civilians deserve to be killed (please, no one answer that. please!)
3)that blog was a little hastily written, 'in the heat of the moment' as it were, though everything I said I believe, I could probably have said it better. but I'm not going to 'cause I'm off to greece in 9 1/2 hours! ;)

July 10, 2005 10:20 pm

 
Blogger Emilie said...

ach, why must davy be so right?
actually, that's roughly what I was trying to say ("aha, you say that now!" I hear you cry, and yes, you're right I do say that now. so there.)
c'est tout.

July 19, 2005 11:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home