life is beautiful

Friday, June 03, 2005

c'est la vie - and it's fab

I'm on my old computer - from my old house (which my mum ran off with) and it's all nostalgic and sweet. it has my documents on it and my music and my pictures and it's all set up like I set it up. Cor there was life before February..
though I don't miss it. having a real life is soo cool. I was looking at photos of my old room the other day and I thought 'wow- I had all that space, all that freedom, I could put stuff where I wanted and it wasn't the floor...' but then I remembered I couldn't. It was still someone else's house. At least now no one pretends it's normal.
I'm sure everyone needed to know that. ;)
Aye, I now be in brecon, forsooth. the end of half term be nigh already and I Much revision still looms.
i's been a fanastic half term, I must say for me pendine was the true Highlight. Irish Meadow rules. as to lesbia n values challenging students (well nothing more than showing that boys can be cool. and intelignet. no threats/competition posed to dear bethy, obviously. hehe )
anyway I want to write something interesting. something with some substance, pour une changement, donc..
OK Nestle it'll be. I have many topics lined up but I forget them, dammit
Nestle is rubbish. they're a multinational company so are damn stupid to begin with - it's generally best to buy local/small companies because then the money goes to real people rather than just more money for ritch directors that do nothing. buying from small companies means that peope like you get paid rather than people like richard branson (he doesn't deserve capitals).
SO why nestle in particular? Well here goes the story [as far as I understand it]:
in underdeveloped countries such as African ones [aargh middle class lass not knowing enough of her geography and current affairs - DEEPLY embarassed]
anyway in these kind of places they targeted mothers with their dried milk. they sold the milk to mothers of babies who were still on milk, but the water there is 'manky' (to use the technical term) and the babies would get ill. but does nestle give a damn?
do they hell.
PLUS the mothers can't afford to keep buying the dried milk, they are unable to continue breastfeeding their babies because they have been using the dried milk, and the babies get worse. and all so Nestle cn have more money.
THEY SMELL BIG TIME
if you boycott them, it's a message saying NESTLE SMELL. they get the picture eventually. anyway green and blacks is SO much nicer, as is CO-Op own brand fair trade chocolate, and many many other things. and you can eat it with a clear conscience wich makes it even better.
I have a feeling that there's something else wrong with nestle too, they probably use child labour and pay reallly badly.. but I can't remember the exact details.
anyway. I repeat, nestle are pants. don't buy their stuff. or coke. or Mc Donalds. or multinational companies' products if possible [hehe but be cool - don't be too stressed about it as I'm sure you all would be if I didn't say that, as everyone does exactly as I say..]
erm... yeah. am I bossy enough for you?

donnez-moi de quoi tenir, je ne veux pas dormir, laissez moi pour voir venir le jour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home