life is beautiful

Thursday, December 30, 2004

damn it! it's 12.15 and I was going to go to bed at 11.30, oh well this'll have to be a quick one then. also: why does everyone else seem to have better things to do than update their bloggers? deary me people, don't get a life!
Anyway, what I really want to talk about is thimbles.
not really it's people, for a change.
I've been thinking and observing and have noticed many things, but one thing that has struck me is how people seem to make judgements without considering all the facts. I probably do it too, I'm not condemning as such, but it's so often that someone says something nasty about someone else because of one action, and it's totally possible that there was a completely valid and serious reason for what they did.
that's not very clear is it?
The best example is Ms Richards (for those who aren't pantycelyners- she's a maths teacher and owns a cat sanctuart thing ) she's always slagging people off to us, I can't think of any good examples now though, but, say something like "people who want to see me just come walking all over my land and think it's ok because it's a charity..." but the thing is they're probably just looking for the door or something, and haven't even considered the fact that it's a cat sanctuary.
again not too good an example, but I can't think of a better right now.
ANywy, the point that I am leading to is this: you can interpret things in many ways, and usually people have very good or at least human reasons for what they do, it depends from which angle you view them. some people appear very annoying, but given the chance they turn out to be quite nice, or at least bearable, and again more often than not have good reasons - usually to do with unhappy childhoods (another excuse for charl & Danny's list).
I'll cut the speculation short here and just finish with the comment that we shoukld always try to find the angle on people that gives them the best 'look', it's amasing how we rely on first impressions to start the picture we have of someone in our heads, perhaps we should keep turning them round in our minds till we find the right angle and start to like them.
this sounds quite richeous doesn't it - and it is, most likely, wrong as well, especially since it's probably good for yoy to have a few people to dislike. but still, it's important to view people from every angle, or at least give them a chance because they often come out better that way.
now watch as I ignore my own preachings. well, it's still fun to preach, what with that great feeling of power, like what you're saying actually matters!
enjoy life, anyway, and find ways of laughing at everything, it's better than crying or worrying about them anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home