life is beautiful

Friday, November 10, 2006

why can't I put stuff like this into words so well?



I Just Wanna Touch Your Skin
David Rovics


This hotel room’s so big and empty

This guitar’s just made of wood

This TV is made of plastic

I watch it, it isn’t good

This building is made of metal

Mortar, brick and stone

The sky is made of clouds

And I feel chilled now to the bone

This sheet is soft

It’s made of cotton

But I just wanna touch your skin



Outside is the road to nowhere

Nowhere is where I am

Some town in some country

Where the food all tastes like Spam

Oh but if you were here now

You could take off your shirt

And this food would go down easier

With you for my dessert

I would kiss you

From your nipple to your shin

I just wanna touch your skin



I like looking at your picture

When I’m sitting on my own

I like to hear your voice

On the wrong end of the phone

I like to read your emails

All the things you want to do

All the places you want to take me

Next time I see you

When you can take me out

Of the state I’m in

I just wanna touch your skin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home