life is beautiful

Saturday, September 30, 2006

This'll have to be quick or it will defeat the point of my leaving watching firefly in the bedlam theatre so early...
I've just had a lovvely night - the day was pretty bad and I was not feeling so great BUT then we had the last night of the freshers' play, where techies are meant to pull lots of pranks - which kind of happened - after that we did improverts, where I did the lights (follow spot again), which was cool and the show was funny.
Then we had "initiaitoin" into techieness which was meant to be having a "techie" and a "black" drink, techie being a really dark beer that was something like 8% and a black was vodka and coke, you drink three fingers of the beer and then put in the vodka and coke then down it.
..well so suzie and I kind of skipped the adding the vodka and coke bit and I only drank half the pint of beer relatively slowly, (but ssh!)
THEN we went to cabaret voltaire - which is the place directly opposite charl, kit, beth and my house last year but we never went to, and danced from half twelve till three to OK music - not sure of the specific genre but I could dance to it and it was cool. techies are traditionally outsiders so I felt SO cool and at home with them it was lovely. I did get glass in my foot and it hurts. and got reallllly hot and put water on my hair but then it looked like I was sweaty... nevermind.
Then we went back to the bedlam and they put on episode 2 of firefly... which I promptly slept through, hence my coming back.
But the massive OMG WOW thing: I've just found out that a relatively important techie, and really cool, lovely and nice guy called xander is from builth!! he's bethan greeves - who, for those who don't know, is currently playing josh's wife in the mpyt play of nicholas nickleby - anyway xander is her godbrother!! he went out with lara pedalty when he was 12! he knows seb! eeeeeeeeeee!!! it made me so happy :) we talked about people we know and how brilliant sheep and hills are and spoke welsh :) :) I hope to stay friends with him, he's great
the thing that would have made tonight about a million times better again, though, would have been to have had josh here.
josh is great ^_^

4 Comments:

Blogger Inti said...

... yep... when i went up to the open day for ed uni i stayed with xander. :) glad ur having a nice time
Love
xx

September 30, 2006 3:59 pm

 
Blogger Charlotta said...

Em, seriously you need to get your ego in order a bit.

October 02, 2006 12:10 pm

 
Blogger Emilie said...

huh?

October 02, 2006 5:16 pm

 
Blogger Charlotta said...

You ego? It's all higgeldy piggeldy, you don't have it in a proper order. It should be: YOU. ( in the same way one looks after other people, others have to be sure that you will look after yourself to a certain extent too. i.e. giving yourself proper luxury, health and rest occasionally - In pure selfish ways.) and 2nd, is everyone else - who are equal. You are equal with everyone else, you just need to spend a bit of time on yourself too.

Erm.. Hope this doesn't sound too anything. .. I'm not saying one should be completely selfish, or that one is better than anyone else, - just that in the same way you care about others, you have to look after yourself when others who care about you aren't there to make sure you are spoilt and are looked after and happy.

erm. Anyway.. Basically, you're not any less than anyone else. You don't deserve anything less than anyone else.

Yes?

So your ego needs uplifting a bit. Repeat 5 times daily: I am a godess / I rule.

Because if any of us lot were there we'd be doing it, but we can't so you have to big up yo' self for us and for you!!

That was long. You know what I mean! (I hope). Woo..
anyway.. see you soooon!

xx x

October 10, 2006 1:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home