life is beautiful

Saturday, January 20, 2007

life is ...you know the rest

OK, I'm discounting the last ten minutes where I got kind of upset: I shouldn't go on the internet. really.

this has been a beautiful weekend. or saturday at least. spent the night in a bothy with four others, meaning communication wasn't too intimidating. it was cold but we had a real fire. I got up and almost immediately walked up a big hill with Jake, which would have killed me a few months ago, I like to think. we also went for a longer walk later with everyone. I got to talk to sarah, who's in fourth year, a but more and she's lovely, and it was lovely to talk to her, so that's lovely. I felt proud for a while. I left first, there's a new bunch there now and I'd probably have loved to still be there, but David Rovics was playing here tonight and I had things to do, none of which I've done, but I'm saying it was worth it to see David Rovics play again. I didn't get the courage to speak to him this time, but seeing as last time I babbled incredibly stupidly in an evident "I have a massive crush on you" sort of way.. maybe it was a good thing I didn't speak. I'll probably hate myself less in the short term anyway.
it was so nice to spend a couple of hours in the same room as this guy who is, to be honest, one of my greatest heroes. every time I've seen him he's made me cry. listening to his music may not change the world as such but it does make me feel like I want to, and it can make me feel.. just generally. just feel. it's great and he's great. good stuff. despite not actually having any friends to come with me, it made me feel good, and it was probably worth forefitting the bothy, or at least at equal levels.

though still.. left feeling sick by fucking damn pictures, presumably from wales, last night, on myspace. it means NOTHING so why does it upset me so much?

oh well.. david rovics can join me as I go to bed and make everything all better.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home