life is beautiful

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yo!

Hello there!
i'm just taking time out from my revision to record some observations of the day.
here goes:

revision "sucks"
uni also kind of "sucks" but it's also OK sometimes
the english language is silly and complicated.
academic study of pollitical theory is confusing and STUPID
learning things as you go along is a GOOD idea and you shouldn't leave all the learning till the last week before the exam
I really really miss my family, for once, which is simultaneously quite nice and quite sad
silly pointless "unproductive" fun is GREAT!
one person can't necessarily change the world alone, and you don't have to be constantly trying because it just gets you down, which helps nothing.
and even when you're trying to help sometimes it goes horribly wrong :(
but! if you do what you can, then you're doing what you can.. and trying hard is better than not trying at all. you can't do everything all the time, so do what you can and when.
immediate satisfaction is great, but sometimes you just have to be down for a while and hope that after than things will pick up (three weeks' of christmas holidays with people I adore ^_^ I hope all will be well!)
living every day as if it were your last isn't actually productive or particularly happy. it's theoretically a nice idea but I think it's been what i've been subconsciously trying to do for a while - simultaneously with planning ahead and living and all - and it doesn't work, practically. it just ends up a bit scary and depressing
i'm not that bright and it means maybe I shouldn't *have* to think about some things too deeply. maybe? just *do* things? (good 'ol marx)
uhmm... the process of regaining my brain begins (I hope)!
but I have five hours of exams in a week! we'll see what kind of shivering wreck I am by then. tee hee..
thank god for mindless, irrational fun. it's pure selfishness and totally necessary in our society. hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home