life is beautiful

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Have I gone too far?

hmm.. I've done NO work, still, I'm terrified I'm going to fail (and the derisive "pffts" and "yeah.. whatever"s from friends on this account really DO NOT help) I really should say that I've already considered dropping out a few times. Not all that seriously but.. I'm not sure I can cope. Especially since we're all going to die in a nuclear (please note: nuclear, not nucular. where did that come from and why is the damn word in the media?) war if North Korea and the US have anything to do with it. What's the point in me sitting here spending hours reading about democracy (specially when I'm meant to be reading about "the state", darn it) when in a few weeks, days, years we'll all be dead? shouldn't I just go and spend the year in faslane? or throw myself under the submarine or something? (I'm not going to though, honest) wouldn't that make it all more worthwhile?
and yes, OK, i'm not all that positive at the moment, and yes, I probably need some human contact, but yet, only minutes ago I was almost crying with happiness
isn't life a strange thing.

------------------------------------
I could be holding you all morning

And still holding you at noon

I could hope the day is coming

And I can hope it's coming soon

I can fantasize a fiction

And keep on dreaming it all night

'Cause the truth is I never tire

Of being squeezed with all your might

Every minute of the day



Outside the sky is falling

It can keep falling as it may

But whether the sun is shining

Or the clouds are wet and gray

If there's a blanket on the bed

And there's a flower in your hair

Truth is I won't complain

If we just stay right there

Every minute of the day



There's lots of work to do in Texas

And that's true all around

But sometimes we just must realize

To this bedpost we are bound

There are things that need to be discovered

They must be heard and felt and seen

Some will look to Asgard

But I'll look in between

Every minute of the day
-----------------------------------

amongst other people, David Rovics is amazing
*sobs*

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlotta said...

FORGET ABOUT THE WORLD and concentrate on YOU !!!

Are you not striving for the happiness and lives of others? well how does that work if you neglect yours?

Balance.

October 10, 2006 1:51 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home